Thursday, April 3, 2014

Commitment to Me

I have asked my self to fall on the mundane, wake up work and repeat. This makes me sad for many reasons. One because I know I'm not taking care of myself emotionally. Don't get me wrong, I'm so blessed and grateful for the people and things I have in my life. We work really hard to give the boys a good life. There are things we are overlooking. These are the ideals that our bodies are a temple and they need to be fed. Fed literally and physically.

A great joy of mine, is physical activity, pushing myself beyond. I know many people do not have the love in really, truly enjoying their heart rate jumping and sweat dripping. This is one of the pleasures on life that I can honestly say I feel is fuel to my soul. I have given this speech before but hear I am, a couple months earlier than last year. Telling myself I need to treat my soul with things that have held true. Every time.

This is my promise to myself. 3 weeks of me time. 3 weeks of 30 minutes morning cardio. 3 weeks of an afternoon/evening 30 minutes of whatever but something. An hour total for my soul. I know I'm worth this.
 
Let's talk about my obstacles that have pushed me to say "not today".
Washing my hair. Let's be real, of we were men and could get in the shower to wash off and go about our day we'd all have six packs and an ass that wouldn't shake. My insecurities are special in that I am my worse enemy. I don't envy women with great bodies who don't "need" to work out. It's about how I feel inside, emotionally and physically strong. The muscles that come with it are a bonus. I'm done with excuses. My excuses. The boys deserve a healthy strong mom to show them that their bodies are worth every effort to be healthy inside.
 
Again, just keep moving forward. So, Day 3 of this, success! Day 4 is when my muscles fatigue typcially and I will fight through it. How do you get "you time" in? What fills your soul?
 
Ashley
thelloydmom

No comments:

Post a Comment